Wednesday 15 May 2013

May 14- the big day!

 
 
My husband dropped me off at Parkwynd Private Hospital just before my admission time of 7am. I was sooo excited! After doing a little bit of paperwork I was taken through to get changed into my gowns and have my ID tags put on. For an abdominoplasty you dont get to keep anything on underneath the gown. I spoke to the anaesthetist who talked me through the procedure and checked that I am ok with anaesthetics. He also spoke to me regarding the pain relief he would be prescribing for after the surgery. Then shortly after, I was taken through to the operating theatre. I saw my surgeon- Dr Tony Moore and was made to lay down on the bed. My gowns were moved aside and Dr Moore began marking my belly for the incisions and at the same time the anaesthetist put a cannula in the back of my hand and gave me the anaesthetic. The next thing I remember was waking up in the recovery room.
I was in a bit of pain and quite drowsy. The nurses gave me some pain relief through my cannula and after some time I was taken to the ward. It was quite difficult to breathe deeply and even worse to try to cough or laugh. I was given regular IV antibiotics and was made to stay in bed. I had a machine attached to my legs which massaged my calves to reduce the risk of DVT/clots.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment