Thursday 20 June 2013

Week 4

 

Close-up of right side of scar 

Close-up of left side of scar




Knickers in normal position

Knickers in normal position

This week I've noticed a fair amount of swelling in my butt and thighs. This is normal and common as the lymphatic system has been interupted by a large cut and needs to 're-wire' itself, so there is a backlog of fluid. This should start to sort itself out over the next few weeks.
I started exercising again this week- just easing myself back into things. I did a bit of running, some cross trainer, some rowing and some weights. The hardest part was trying to breathe deeply when doing the workout. I feel as though my stomach cant expand enough to allow me to breathe deeply. Im not sure whether this is something that will resolve with time or if I need to work on a different breathing technique. I found that the rowing was the only thing that seemed to put strain on my stomach muscles but this resolved by adjusting my speed.
There was a small amount of bleeding from the left side of the scar at one point this week. I think that my clothes rubbed a part of the scar that had not fully closed yet. After applying pressure for a small amount of time, the bleeding stopped and I just re-applied tape to the two parts of the scar that had not yet closed properly to allow them the chance to heal without interuption.
All in all this week has been good- very little pain or discomfort and I feel for the most part back to normal.

Sorry- I did have another video but it wont upload for some reason!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I think tummy tuck surgery is a great option to obtain a flat and slim tummy.
    Abdominoplasty Singapore

    ReplyDelete